Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Theatre HW 11.21

Student Name: ___________________                   Date: ____________________
Parents Signature: _______________________


Homework
Read the following excerpt from “The Outsiders” by S.E Hinton
Level 1: Nobody but Dally would know where we were, and he couldn't tell anyone because he'd get jailed again for giving us that gun. If Johnny got caught, they'd give him the electric chair, and if they caught me, I'd be sent to a reformatory.”

Level 1: Who is the only person who knows where Ponyboy and Johnny are?
a). Dally
b). Darry
c). Cherry

Level 2: Nobody but Dally would know where we were, and he couldn't tell anyone because he'd get jailed again for giving us that gun. If Johnny got caught, they'd give him the electric chair, and if they caught me, I'd be sent to a reformatory. I'd heard about reformatories from Curly Shepard and I didn't want to go to one at all. I was in the country, but I knew I wasn't going to like it as much as I'd thought I would. There are things worse than being a greaser.”

Level 2: What did Dally give Johnny and Ponyboy ?
Dally gave _________________________________________________________________________________.

Level 3:I figured I couldn't get into any worse trouble than murder. Johnny and I would be hiding for the rest of our lives. Nobody but Dally would know where we were, and he couldn't tell anyone because he'd get jailed again for giving us that gun. If Johnny got caught, they'd give him the electric chair, and if they caught me, I'd be sent to a reformatory. I'd heard about reformatories from Curly Shepard and I didn't want to go to one at all., So we'd have to be hermits for the rest of our lives, and never see anyone but Dally. Maybe I'd never see Darry or Sodapop again. Or even TwoBit or Steve. I was in the country, but I knew I wasn't going to like it as much as I'd thought I would. There are things worse than being a greaser.”

Level 3: Why does Ponyboy say “there are worse things than being a greaser”?


No comments:

Post a Comment

February 9th, 2021